MEETINGS > GROUP ACTIVITIES >
Dynamic Hilton Head Team Building Activities
Located on 5,000 oceanfront acres, The Sea Pines Resort is a wondrous
place perfect for Hilton Head team building activities. Our five miles of beach
are perfect for everything from group Olympics to beach volleyball. Our innovative
ropes course is designed to give your attendees the chance to see how their team
communicates and uses each other’s unique talents. Your group will also love
our exciting range of water games and construction projects. Read below for our
full array of Hilton Head teambuilding exercises.
- TP Shuffle - A 10 to 15-foot log lies on the ground. The group
is split into two smaller groups on opposite sides of the log. The goal is to get
each group to the other side of the log without falling off.
- Trust Fall - Each team member has the opportunity to fall backwards
off a 4-foot-high platform into the arms of the other teammates.
- Broken Bridge - Requires group members to transfer themselves across
a large open space through a series of islands marked by platforms - by using only
- Arachnophobia - The group must work themselves through a spider's
web without touching any part of the web. Once a participant has used a hole in
the web, it can no longer be used.
- The Wall - The objective is to safely get your entire team up and
over a 14-foot wall. It is a powerful metaphor for achieving team objectives and
is typically used as the finale of a memorable day of team building.
- Liquid Assets - The team is charged with getting "the company's
assets and human resources" through the rest of the "fiscal year" by crossing three
cables strung between trees using three ropes.
- Porthole - The group chooses a captain. The "Ship" is sinking and
because of an explosion all the crew is blinded. They will not regain eyesight until
they are safely in the lifeboat (on the ground after going through the porthole).
- Maze - The challenge is to get your team through a rope maze while
blindfolded. Each team member will have an opportunity to lead the team.
- Nitro Crossing - Your team must cross the "gorge" using a hanging
rope as well as get an important container of supplies to the other side.
- Corporate Pasture - The group must maneuver through the "pasture"
using planks and fixed cinder blocks without touching the ground.
- Trolley's - The group must cross a lava field with a volcanic tidal
wave only minutes away - using "asbestos beams" to cross.
- Kayaking - One and two-person kayaks are grouped into teams to
accomplish specific objectives or "tasks" while paddling through the unique Lowcountry
ecosystem. Teams must resolve certain "resource conflicts" that arise from time
to time. Debriefing, in keeping with the team's learning goals or needs, occurs
at certain rest stops along the course.
- Water Races - Each team will have one hour to construct a boat
from various materials, which must be able to transport 2 or 3 people and accomplish
- Egg Launcher - Each team is responsible for creating a launcher
that will successfully launch an egg without breaking it. Additionally, each team
must create and present a marketing plan, slogan, and commercial for its launcher.
- Construction Zone - Some group members, using verbal clues and
cues, will assist other members (the construction workers), who will be wearing
blindfolds, to assemble a large puzzle.
- Island Escape - Group members must transport themselves across
a large open space (the lake) through a series of islands marked by tires. Part
of the uniqueness of this challenge is that the group must leave the designated
equipment at each island when the last person leaves.
- Toxic Waste Transfer - Requires the group to transport objects
across an open space without directly touching the objects or their container. The
group will manipulate a bucket filled with small objects using ropes attached to
- Plunger Ball - This requires a group to build a conveyor system
in order to transfer balls from a designated area through a hoop into a container.
- The Model - A model is constructed and displayed in one room. Each
team must reconstruct the model as closely as possible in another room. Each team
member is assigned a distinct role.
Various contests, events, races, and relays are staged in an "Olympics" format.
Various formats and options are available.
Teams can compete in a wide range of problem-solving events of a non-physical nature.
Challenges involving competing quizzes based on company, industry, or product knowledge;
solving lateral thinking problems, puzzles, and riddles; and ferreting out information
about team members or featured items can be woven together into a fun, stimulating
- Photo Scavenger Hunt - The group is challenged with an assortment
of clues leading to objects that need to be found within Sea Pines. Bicycles are
used for transportation. Once the answer to a clue is located, a picture is taken
as proof. Pictures are developed within a day, and prizes can be awarded to the
individual or team with the most answers.
- Nature Scavenger Hunt - Spend some time with Mother Nature. We
can provide scavenger hunts along our five miles of coastline or in our 605-acre
Forest Preserve. We will divide your group into teams and provide them with clue
Participants receive a map of an area showing a series of sites to visit. Participants
develop strategies to navigate from one site to another in the most efficient manner.
Events can be designed in which participants prove their arrival by doing a special
activity, solving a problem, answering a question, or retrieving an object. Orienteering
programs can be done indoors or outdoors.
Let Us Help You Organize a Fun Hilton Head Team Building Activity
Immerse yourself in the incomparable luxury of The Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head's
most distinguished resort. Discover the countless reasons that have drawn repeat
guests and newcomers to this timeless destination -- year after year -- for generations.
Contact us to learn more about planning a Hilton Head team building activity.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Upon submitting this form you will be personally contacted within one business day
by one of our accredited
Group Sales Team Members.