ACCOLADES AND AWARDS
The Sea Pines Resort
- Awarded a "Gold Medal" in GOLF Magazine's 2014-2015 edition of "Premier Resorts"
- Honored with GOLF Magazine’s coveted “Gold Medal Award” for 2014 - 2015
- Ranked No. 9 on Golf Digest’s list of “Best Buddies-Trip Destinations”
- Included among CNT’s Gold List of "The World's Best Places to Stay"
- Featured in South magazine’s “Power Golf: A Guide to the Region’s Top 10 Golf Resorts”
- Ranked No. 5 in Golf Resort in the World & No. 2 Golf Resort in the U.S. by Golf Inc. magazine
- Ranked No. 36 among Golf Digest’s “75 Best Golf Resorts in North America”
- Ranked No.10 by Travel & Leisure Family among the “Top 50 Resorts for Parents and Kids”
- Named the No. 13 “Family Resort in the U.S. and Canada” by Travel & Leisure Family
- Included among Travel & Leisure magazine’s list of “The World's Best Hotels”
- Awarded the “Palmetto Workforce Partnership Award” by S.C. Employment Security Commission
- Included on the knot’s (theknot.com) “South Carolina Best of Weddings” list for top venues
- Resort’s Inn at Harbour Town ranked No. 33 among “Top Golf Resorts” by CNT
- Named a No. 1 destination for Memorial Day weekend by Southern Living magazine
- Included among GOLF Magazine’s list of Premier Resorts
- Named a Pinnacle Award Winner for “Outstanding Meeting Facility” & “Outstanding Service Offered by Your Staff” by Successful Meetings
- Included among the “Best of the South” by Meetings South
- Resort’s tennis facility ranked No. 2 among the country’s top tennis facilities by TENNIS magazine
- Ranked No. 5 on TENNIS magazine’s list of the “50 Best U.S. Tennis Resorts”
- Ranked No. 1 by TENNIS magazine among list of best match-ups
- Ranked No. 2 by TENNIS magazine for top instruction
Harbour Town Yacht Basin
- Ranked in the "Top 25 Best Marinas in North America" by Power & Motoryacht magazine
- Selected as the runner-up of Marinalife's 2014 Best Marina Contest for "Best Transient Marina"
- Selected as the winner of Marinalife's 2011 Best Marina contest award for "Best Customer Service"
- Recertified in 2012 as a "Clean Marina." The Clean Marina program is administered by the SC Department of Health & Environmental Control (DHEC), the Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management and the South Carolina Marine Association.
The Inn at Harbour Town
- AAA Four Diamond Award designation (seven years running)
- Four Star Award designation from Forbes Travel Guide (formerly Mobil Travel Guide); only Hilton Head Island hotel to earn this award
- Named “Hotel of the Day” by Forbes Travel Guide (on Forbes.com)
- Selected to join Condé Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Collection
- Ranked No. 1 Hotel on Hilton Head Island by TripAdvisor
- Ranked No. 2 among U.S. News & World Report's 2013 list of "Best Hotels in Hilton Head," and ranked No. 4 among their list of "Best Hotels in South Carolina," scoring high enough to be included in the U.S. News list of "Best Hotels in the USA."
- Ranked No. 6 among the “Top 25 Southern U.S. Resorts” in CNT’s 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards
- Ranked No. 6 among the “Top 25 Southern U.S. Golf Resorts” in CNT’s 2012 readers’ poll of the “Top 121 Golf Resorts in the World”
- Named among the "Top 20 Resorts in the South" by the readers of CNT in its 2012 Readers' Choice Awards
- Ranked No. 2 among U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 list of “Best Hilton Head Hotels,” scoring high enough to be included in the publication’s list of “Best Hotels in the USA”
- Ranked No. 8 among the “Top 20 Southern U.S. Golf Resorts” in CNT's 2011 readers’ poll of the “Top 125 Golf Resorts” in the United States and beyond
- Named among the “Top 150 Mainland U.S. Resorts" in CNT’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards - Hilton Head Island was named among the "Top 10 Islands in the United States” (CNT’s 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards)
- Included on CNT's Gold List of "The World's Best Places to Stay" (The only hotel on Hilton Head Island to earn this award)
- TOP 50 Resorts by CNT’s "Best in the World - TOP 100 - Reader's Choice Award"
- Travel & Leisure's "500 World's Best Hotels" (The only hotel on Hilton Head Island to earn this award)
Harbour Town Golf Links
- Home to the “RBC Heritage presented by Boeing” golf tournament, South Carolina’s only PGA TOUR event
- Ranked No. 9 in the U.S. in GOLF Magazine's 2014 edition of "Top 100 Courses You Can Play"
- Ranked No. 1 in 'Low Country (Hilton Head)' region among the "Best You Can Play" public access courses in South Carolina for 2013, as selected by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel
- Moved up in ranking from No. 21 to No. 18 on Golf Digest’s (2013-14) list of “America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses”
- Ranked No. 12 among Golfweek’s “Best Resort Courses 2013.”
- Named among Golf Course Architecture's list ,"Architect's Choice Top 100 Courses" in the world.
- Ranked No.6 on GOLF Magazine's "Best Seaside Courses in the U.S."
- Ranked No.1 of "10 Best Jack Nicklaus Courses You Can Play" by Golf.com
- Featured, along with Hilton Head Island, in World Golf’s “Favorite World Golf Destinations”
- Featured in South Florida Golf magazine’s “Top 10 U.S. Golf Courses that Could Host a Major”
- Famed Harbour Town Lighthouse, overlooking the 18th, is ranked No. 14 on Bleacher Report’s “25 Coolest Traditions in Golf.”
- No. 9 on PGATOUR.com’s list of “Toughest Courses on the PGA TOUR in 2012”
- Named among GOLF.com’s “Best Summer Golf Destinations: The South”
- 18th hole was selected among GOLF Magazine's "Best 18 Holes"
- Ranked No. 12 on GOLF Magazine's “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” in America for 2012
- Ranked No. 2 on GOLF Magazine's list of "Best Public Golf Courses in Every State” (South Carolina) for 2012
- Ranked No. 2 among “South Carolina’s Top 50 Golf Courses for 2012” by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel
- Ranked No. 2 on the “2012 Golfweek's Best Courses: State by State" list
- Named No. 2, second only to Augusta National, by PGA TOUR players in a Golf World survey regarding "Top PGA TOUR Courses"
- Awarded a "Gold Medal" in GOLF Magazine's 2012-13 edition of "Premier Resorts"
- Named among GOLF.com’s “Premier Golf Resorts 2012: Category Leaders”
- Included in Rolex's prestigious guide to the “World’s Top 1000 Golf Courses”
- 18th hole was voted No. 1 among “South Carolina's 10 Most Memorable Golf Holes,” by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel; 17th hole also made the list.
- Ranked No. 4 among the “Top 20 U.S.” golf courses on Celebrated Living magazine’s list of Platinum Golf Courses
- Ranked No. 4 on Bleacher Report’s 2012 list of "10 Coolest Courses on the PGA Tour” (featured on Discoversouthcarolina.com)
- Ranked in Golf Digest's biannual “America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses,” “America's 100 Greatest Public Courses” & “Best in State” for 2011-2012.
- Included among GOLF Magazine’s “Top 100 Courses in the World” (2011)
- Among the “Most Awarded Golf Courses” in the GolfLink Golf Course Awards Database.
- Harbour Town Golf Links - Rated No.1 Golf Course in South Carolina by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel. Learn More
- Ranked No. 2 on Greater Columbia Business Monthly’s 2012 list of "Top 50 Golf Courses in South Carolina"
- Ranked one of the top 5 places to play golf in the USA by Bon Voyage Travel & Tours.
- Named among top 10 on Golfweek's Best "Tour Courses You Can Play" (2010-11)
- Ranked one of “America’s Most Important Golf Courses by Decade” by Golf Digest
- Ranked No. 14 on GOLF Magazine’s “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” (golf.com)
- Pro shop consistently ranked among Golf World’s “100 Best Golf Shops,” including 2012
- Named one of the 10 Most Beautiful Courses in the Country (ForbesTraveler.com)
- Featured among “Five Must-Play Courses” on WorldGolf.com
- Ranked by Golfweek as one of the “Best Modern Courses”
- Named among GOLF Magazine's 2011 list of "The 50 Greatest Courses of the Last 50 Years," which includes a special interactive map.
- Designated as a "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary"
Heron Point by Pete Dye
- Ranked No. 11 in South Carolina in GOLF Magazine's 2014 edition of "Top 100 Courses You Can Play"
- Named the 2013 Lowcountry Golf Course of the Year by the National Golf Course Owners Association
- Ranked among the "Best You Can Play" public access courses in South Carolina for 2013, as selected by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel
- Ranked No. 11 on GOLF Magazine's 2012 list of "Best Public Golf Courses in South Carolina"
- Ranked among “South Carolina's Top 50 Golf Courses for 2012” by the South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel
- Ranked No. 10 on "2012 Golfweek’s Best Courses: State by State" list
- Ranked among the “Top 50 Golf Courses in South Carolina" by Greater Columbia Business Monthly
- Included on Golf Digest’s list of "Best Places to Play"
- Ranked No. 13 in South Carolina on the list of "Best Courses Near You" (Golf Magazine)
- Ranked among Golf Digest's list of “America’s Top 50 Courses for Women” (2010)
- Designated as a "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary"
The Golf Learning Center and Golf Professionals
- Honored as a "Top 10 Golf School in the U.S." in LINKS Magazine's annual list
- Tim Cooke named one of Golf Digest's "Best Young Teachers in America" on their top 40 instructors under 40" for the 2014 - 2015 year (for the third consecutive time)
- Tim Cooke honored with the Carolinas Section PGA "Teacher of the Year" award
- John Farrell, head professional at Harbour Town Golf Links, named the recipient of the Tommy Cuthbert Award as South Carolina’s “Golf Employee of the Year” (by the South Carolina Golf Owners Association)
- Rick Barry honored with the Carolinas Section PGA “Teacher of the Year” award and “Palmer Maples Teacher of the Year” award
- Rick Barry named one of "Ten Pros to Know" by Black Ink (exclusively for AMEX Centurion members)
- Jimmy Greene referenced as one of "Five Caddies to Call" by Black Ink (exclusively for AMEX Centurion members)
Hilton Head Island, SC
- Named No. 7 in LINKS Magazine's Best Islands for Golf in the World
- Selected by Parents magazine as the No. 1 Best Beach Town in the country (May 2013)